Reading Circle Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Free webinar Friday: "Avoiding the Top 3 Mistakes New Writers Make" (and Effie Brown bonus)

EDITED 10/10/15-- WEBINAR LINK AT THE END

What a week!

Last week, I launched my new short story collection, Ghost Summer, at EsoWon books in Los Angeles, where I was interviewed by awesome "Project Greenlight" producer Effie Brown. (To get a link for audio and video to that interview and join my mailing list, sign up here.)

Effie and I talked about my experiences transitioning from novels to screenplays, and I revealed some of my worst mistakes as a new screenwriter.

But mistakes are a part of life for all writers.

That's why I'm conducting a free webinar at 9p ET / 6p PT Friday (10/9) with husband/collaborator Steven Barnes on "Avoiding the Top 3 Mistakes New Writers Make." 

I am not only an author and screenwriter, but I have taught writing at the MFA level for eight years, as well as undergraduate and post-graduate. I have been a writing coach and mentor. Too often, my students repeat the same mistakes...and I'd like to help you avoid making them too.

If you sign up for my mailing list, you'll receive the links to Effie Brown's interview AND a link to sign up for the webinar--and you'll be the first to hear news and offers. Or, you can simply sign up for the webinar. 

Hope to see you there!

HERE'S THE WEBINAR LINK


No comments: